Full-Time Music Instructor
M.int Academy (Music International Academy) is a music training center in Hong Kong that aims to build an inclusive community fostering all-round classical music training.
Our goal is to revolutionize the classical music education landscape in Hong Kong. At M.int Academy, we are creating a nurturing environment that cultivates a genuine passion for classical music. We provide a wide range of classes, including early childhood music classes, one-on-one music lessons, theory and aural classes. While we are focused on students aged 15 and under, our doors are open to musicians of all ages. Our mission is to be the first music training center in Hong Kong to take a differentiated approach to classical music instruction. Unlike other music training centers in the city, we provide students access to exceptional talent from around the world. At the helm of a dynamic community that promotes a love for classical music, our instructors provide students with the teaching, guidance and avenues to explore their interests and excel.
M.int Academy is proud to be the first premium music training center in Hong Kong that recruits staff exclusively from top conservatories and universities around the world – and we are always looking to add young, innovative talent to our team of highly-qualified international music instructors, who possess excellent communication skills and a love for teaching.
Joining M.int Academy means that you will have the chance to be part of a start-up that invests heavily in both the professional and personal development of our instructors. Our business is your business – and your commitment will be generously rewarded with bonus and equity options, in addition to a competitive base salary.
· Conducting customized one-on-one classical music instruction – primarily with children aged 5-15
· Preparing lessons in advance, tailored to individual students’ needs
· Teaching group aural and theory classes
· Providing thorough instructions at the end of each class to aid students with efficient practicing
· Producing quarterly reports for clients describing students’ progress
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or above in Music from a top conservatory or university music program (in performance or academic studies)
· Prior teaching experience is preferred, but musicians with no prior experience who are committed to teaching are also encouraged to apply
· The right to work in Hong Kong is not required - we are happy to sponsor work visas for suitable candidates
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal
· A strong communicator, who enjoys spending time with children
· A music lover, who wants to share and promote the enjoyment of classical music
· Strong flexibility and creativity, being prepared to tailor teaching methods to the individual needs of each student
· Has excellent time management and organisational skills
· Available to commit to a five-and-a-half-day working week
Helpful (but not required) Qualities
· Ability to speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin
· Ability to teach more than one instrument
· Familiarity with Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music and Trinity grading systems
Remuneration and Benefits
· Competitive salary, with bonus and equity options available
· Medical Insurance
· Housing allowance (for non-local candidates)
· Opportunity to work and live in a vibrant, international city in the heart of Asia!
Additional Support for International Candidates
· Inbound plane ticket
· Up to one week of free accommodation and one month of housing allowance in advance upon arrival in Hong Kong
If you are interested in becoming an instructor at M.int Academy, please send your CV and detailed cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!